Pages

2 January 2013

A GENERAL RAMBLE.



WARNING: I don't think I'm sufficiently over my Christmas/New Year/birthday superhangover yet to be fully comprehensible, so apologies in advance if this post seems a bit disjointed!

1.) WHAT ARE THESE. WHAT EVEN ARE THEY.


If I, the girl who has championed scrunchies and who recently bought these shoes just to prove a point (although I happen to think that they're both comfy and beautiful, however ridiculous my friends think they are), says there's something wrong with these, then there's a problem.  I just can't even, I mean what even....?  NO.  I'd probably be much less offended if they weren't £190.  I MEAN.  I MEAN.  WHAT?

2.) SCRUNCHIE PUBLIC INFORMATION UPDATE.
Saw a girl wearing an oxblood scrunchie on NYE.  I would have high fived her but she looked like the sort of mean hipster who would leave me hanging.  Which reminds me: must stop instigating high fives in 2013, I look like a nerd.

3.) KANYEDASHIAN BABEH.
Imagine the potential ego on that child.  On sixteenth birthday he/she will probably claim to be the Messiah.  Or Father Christmas.  I think it's going to be a boy and they'll call it Bentley T Rex.  Might be projecting a bit there (I've just renamed my son Beyonce Brightside, but he's not going for it so far.).  

4.) OPERATION WEIGHTLOSS.
I've actually eaten so much food over the past month that I am basically bored of food and hankering for some salad and exercise, both of which will happen as soon as I can be bothered to move again.  Furthest I've got so far is rolling off the sofa to play cars with my son.  Now I'm just lying on the floor, confused as to when and how I became a makeshift road.

5.) OH LORD, COME TO MAMA.

These boots are my dream boots.  Tall and sturdy and just the right amount of clomp.  Topshop, you really have to stop clambering into my head and making my dreams and wishes so bloody expensive.  Gits.  

6.) MY ONE AND ONLY.
So the sales were rubbish, or was it just me?  I only found one thing, and it was a case of love across the shop floor:
  

Just one, in my size, plonked on the edge of the sale rail (weirdly, this is how I usually find my best sale buys), but superficial shopping terror set in when I saw another girl get there first.  I loitered about for a bit, sulking, whilst she argued with her boyfriend about whether or not they were ridiculous.  He won and she flung them down and stormed off.  I snatched them up gleefully, full of the joys of singledom (not that I'd ever let a boyfriend dictate to me what I could and couldn't wear, get some balls sweetheart).  In a way, winning.  Although hashtag forever alone, but who cares, I've got these to help me through the dark times.

7.) INSTACHRISTMALAME

Christmas nails, "It's Chriiistmaaaas!", Parent's tree, carousel,
Christmas day, Christmas eve, I wish I had one of these in my house, #imnotobsessed,
best present, festive Tesco (you go, Tesco), wobbly eyes, more cake,
my tree, knock off Baileys, hugely appropriate birthday card, twenty five in two thousand and thirteen.

24 comments:

  1. Awful awful leggings xx

    www.poptartsandsexx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the hell are those leggings - forgetting the obnoxious eagle, the top half makes them look like pants. Dya see it?! Thanks for the giggle, as always. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Also, I'd be really paranoid about having that eagle eyeing up my vagina the whole time. £190, I ask you! x

      Delete
  3. Looks like you've had a great Christmas! Those leggings are horrendous! Absolutely horrible! Like why would someone wear them, let alone pay £190 for them? But it has made me smile! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of crazee leggings but those scare me... not that I'd be interested or anything... but where are the leggings from? :-P
    Love the playsuit!
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I linked it within the post but you can't really tell unless you hover over it, sorry! They're from asos! x

      Delete
  5. Love that playsuit, I'm with you the sales were crap this year, to be fair, they're always crap, it's the stuff they couldn't sell for what looks like the last 10 years...

    Helen

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ewww those leggings. but that overall plaid piece is cute! your son is so precious :)

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha i love this! LOVE the boots!

    mickalamitchellx.blogspot.co.uk X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha. They are deffo 'something else!'

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't answer your question I'm afraid cause those things have left me also shouting WHAT EVEN ARE THEY? WTF? in my head at the screen. LOVE the Topshop boots, and I'm in the same boat of actually having eaten so much that my body is craving something of nutritional value and a trip to the gym :L

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those shoes are amazing and I'm strangely liking them leggings! You should have high fived the girl hahaha

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. how are those leggings £200! and i go to hi 5 people all the time and always get the response "what the hell are you doing? :|" so to my fellow hi fiver I'm sending you a virtual hi 5 through this comment as a well done for snapping up that playsuit ;) xx

    armariodedanielle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,lovely post...Im am loving your blog!
    You have a new follower,hope you follow back:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love leggings but i dont know about this one hahaha... Great post. We are following u can you follow us back? Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  14. You do not know how much I genuinely loved reading this, your humour is the best thing! And I totally agree with you on those leggings:..what...they just...I mean...why...just no.
    Frankie xx
    http://frankest.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my god that playsuit, i cant believe i didn't get my hands on that!! love your blog, newest follower- jade xxx

    alright-blondie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha I love this post so much. I've been in love with that playsuit forever - so lucky! I also really enjoy the shoes your friends think are ugly but then, as we've discussed, I am the girl who owns a pair of pantaloons. Talking of which, I sadly forgot to bring them back with them but they will be gracing your screen for a summer spectacular come June!

    Elise x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha love your writing style! Everyone from my old high school has started wearing our old scrunchies out! Love a bit of 90s revival! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. that playsuit is GORGEOUS. And I love your Christmasy instagram pics

    Francesca xo
    http://goingroundthemulberrybush.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete